Thursday, July 12, 2007

Mom, please don't worry.

This is just a little post to remind friends and family that I am not crazy.

My dad(he's a gynecologist)recently told me that I "seem emotionally unstable, but in a good way." He then continued to compare my blog to the Harry Potter series saying, "each post just gets darker and darker."

So maybe you received a letter or two from me and thought to yourself "yikes". Maybe I've talked to you on the phone (cough,cough Kristin) and said things like "Thinking of moving to Africa? OH MY GOD DON'T!" Maybe I've sent you an overemotional/erratic/unstable/all over the place email or two or twelve. Or perhaps you're my mother, and receive ridiculous emails and phone calls all the time including topics from "recent skin rashes" to "I don't know what I want to do with my life" to "I think the malaria medication's getting to me," and you worry to the point where you are forced to redecorate the house.

If you are one of these people, please accept my apologies. The last couple of months have just been rather interesting. But please know that I'll be fine. This is just all part of the experience. As the melodious Celine Dion says, "My heart will go on and on and on and on and on."

And if you're really worried, you could always send me things like stickers or food that doesn't involve rice.

Also, did I mention that my African name is Sally? Because it is. Did you know the name Sally is African? Because it's not. But it is my African name. This is why I run around the Gambia all day confused.

And I'm in love with all of you.

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove,
Sally

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude. you are awesome. way to use your well-honed socio writing skills :)
-former fellow office monkey (laura)

Rhymes With Lasagna said...

More blog posts, please!